IBM architecture management solutions are provided in two categories: Enterprise Architecture Management and Architecture, Design, and Construction.
- Enterprise Architecture Management (EAM) solution connects the business and technology needs of an organization into a cohesive and dynamic blueprint, providing key capabilities for managing the impact of business-driven change.
EAM helps maximize cost savings from consolidations, mergers and acquisitions, and other change initiatives, while minimizing associated risks. It also helps identify potential areas to improve operational efficiency. Because EAM enables organizations to build connections from strategy to solution delivery, it can help you realize optimal business results from technology solutions.
The IBM Rational® Enterprise Architecture Management solution can help you:
- Make faster, better-informed strategic and tactical decisions
- Prioritize IT investments to support business goals
- Improve risk management of organizational transformation
- Turn strategy into execution and measure the results
IBM enterprise architecture solutions include:
- IBM Rational Architecture, Design, and Construction solutions offer industry-leading systems and software development tools to accelerate and simplify development so that you can gain insight, predictability, and reusability in your development projects. Designed for software analysts, architects, and developers, these tools help you to manage changes to software architecture and to ensure architectural integrity and alignment with current requirements and implementations, while providing best-of-breed development environments. IBM architecture, design, and construction solutions include:
- Rational Application Developer for WebSphere Software
- Rational Business Developer
- Rational Modeling Extension for Microsoft .NET
- Rational Rhapsody®
- Rational Rose®
- Rational Rose Technical Developer
- Rational SDL Suite®
- Rational Software Architect Standard Edition
- Rational Software Architect for WebSphere Software
- Rational Software Modeler
- Rational Statemate®
- Rational Tau
IBM Rational offers best practices in requirements definition and management proven to save time and money by helping you:
- Reduce rework, improve quality of feedback, and accelerate time to market by collaborating with your stakeholders in more effective ways
- Increase productivity by controlling and managing changes to requirements, as well as more efficiently organizing and finding requirements information
- Align project deliverables with business goals and software requirements to deliver a solution that meets stakeholder needs
- Reduce cost and minimize risk by analyzing the impact of changes as they occur
- Demonstrate compliance by ensuring full traceability of requirements
IBM requirements definition and management solutions include these products:
IBM Rational offers comprehensive, integrated change and release management products for successful software delivery. These solutions help software and systems development teams improve productivity and team collaboration, gain better visibility into projects, automate processes, improve quality, manage distributed teams, and provide traceability across the software development lifecycle. IBM change and release management solutions include:
- Rational Team Concert™
- IBM Rational Build Forge
- Rational Software Analyzer
- Rational Synergy
- Rational ClearCase
- Rational ClearQuest
- Rational Change
IBM Rational product, project, and portfolio management solutions transform the way organizations define and deliver value. By enabling teams to align software and product investments to business objectives and to improve predictability of project success through best practice guidance and measurement, these solutions help companies achieve predictable and consistent business value from their software and systems delivery investments. They are open, integrated, and role-based, spanning the complete application lifecycle. IBM product, project and portfolio management solutions include:
- Rational Focal Point
- Rational Insight
- Rational Method Composer
- Rational Unified Process (RUP)
- Rational Harmony
- Rational Publishing Engine
IBM Rational software testing and quality management solutions transform the way that teams work together to deliver enduring quality. Offering a full set of software delivery process guidance, best practices, and integrated tools, these solutions support a broad range of heterogeneous applications to help testers and software quality teams achieve improvements in cost efficiency, quality metrics, and time-to-value for business-critical projects.
Our solutions accelerate discovery and diagnosis, ensuring clean communication between the business, development, quality assurance, and IT operations. These offerings are optimized to provide actionable development asset traceability, accelerated problem determination, and early detection of post-deployment availability risks.
- Rational Quality Manager
- Rational Functional Tester
- Rational Performance Tester
- Rational Service Tester for SOA Quality
- Rational PurifyPlus®
- Rational Robot
- Rational Test Lab Manager
- Rational Test RealTime
IBM® Rational® AppScan® and Rational Policy Tester are Web site security and compliance solutions that automate application and content analysis. These tools help organizations identify vulnerabilities, assess compliance requirements, and improve the accuracy and reliability of online systems.
- Web application security
Rational AppScan provides Web application security vulnerability scanning, testing, and reporting.
- Web site compliance
Rational Policy Tester provides content scanning analysis for privacy, quality, and accessibility compliance testing and reporting.
For information on other Rational solutions, follow these links:
Learn about Jazz technology: IBM Rational’s new technology platform for collaborative software delivery.
Enterprise modernization: Increase ROI and reduce risk by leveraging proven code on IBM® System i®, IBM® System z® and distributed platforms.
SOA lifecycle management: Streamline the delivery and management of your SOA.
SOA governance: Realize the full benefit of your service-oriented architecture.
Rational Software Platform for Systems: Discover integrated solutions for systems engineering and embedded software development.
Regulatory compliance: Support mandates and standards better.